What To Do When You Hate Your JobPosted by Phil Sanko on Aug 22, 2012 in Fundamentals, Home Business Blog, Personal Development | 0 comments
What to do when you hate your job… You know exactly the feeling I’m talking about. The corporate politics, the less-than-meager pay raises, your annoying co-workers, and the dreadful thought that this could be your daily routine for the next 40 years.
I’m here to tell you exactly what to do when you hate your job…
About one year ago, I went through a major shift in mindset.
Before we get to exactly “what to do when you hate your job”, I want you to ask yourself a few things about your current state:
1) Is what you’re doing right now financially fulfilling?
2) Are you personally in control of your current career path or is your company in charge?
3) Do you feel that what you’re currently doing is majorly positively affecting the lives of others?
If you said no to any of these questions… I’ve been there… and it sucks.
I believe every human being DESERVES to have the opportunity to attain financial freedom, to control his or her future, and to create a domino effect of positive change in other people’s lives.
The problem is that not everyone BELIEVES it is possible.
So… therein lies the question of exactly what to do when you hate your job…
The way I see it, here are some options and my personal opinion of each:
1) The Side Step- Get a new job within your company or switch companies all together. For some people, a simple change in responsibilities and ability to learn a new skill answers the question of what to do when you hate your job.
2) The Reach - Go back to school. You can go for a higher education in the skill you are currently using or learn a completely new subject. It’s very common for corporations to have incentive programs for acquiring higher education. Remember, this is going to be tough… I know because that is what I did a few years ago. You work 8-5, go to school for a few hours in the evening, then come home and work on homework.
3) The Jump – Start a part-time business with a goal to quit your job. This is by-far the boldest move you can make, but I believe it has the best payoff by far. By running a business part-time, you can kill multiple birds with one stone: 1) You learn a new skill… an income-producing skill, 2) You earn income above and beyond your current full-time pay, and 3) You can inspire others to solve the question of “what to do when you hate your job”.
I chose #3 above when I was first confronting the question “what to do when you hate your job”.
So you’re probably thinking a few things right now…
“I don’t know what type of business to start.”
“I don’t have the money for start-up costs.”
“I don’t have a mentor to show me the way.”
So here is my personal suggestion of what to do when you hate your job…
Join a network marketing company.
Why, you ask? Here are the reasons I chose network marketing:
1) Training – Most network marketing companies have excellent training. They teach you sales tactics, closing techniques, and leadership skills.
2) Leverage – Network marketing is a unique business model that allows for leverage of many people’s efforts to aid in your journey toward financial freedom.
3) Hope – You get to inspire and teach others to become successful.
To A Blessed Future,
Feel free to call me anytime at 303-877-2408.
CLICK HERE to find me on Facebook.
CLICK HERE to find me on Twitter.
CLICK HERE to find me on YouTube.
CLICK HERE to find me on Pinterest.
Incoming search terms:
- hate job
- hate work
- hate your job
- I Hate Job
- i hate this job
- so you hate your job
- i hate work
- what to do if you hate the career you went to school for
- i hate the job
- a job would hate to do