Shoes Optional For Some MLM LeadersPosted by Phil Sanko on Jul 3, 2012 in Fundamentals, Home Business Blog, Personal Development | 0 comments
MLM leaders can’t be found around every corner in the world. But after spending a fun, yet intense weekend with legends like Diane Hochman, Adam Chandler, Jordan Schultz, and Rob Fore at the Mile High MLM Mastermind event, I’ve come to one powerful conclusion: Shoes are option for some MLM leaders.
So is this post actually about MLM leaders’ shoes?
Is there actually a point to reading on further?
I can’t answer that for you. But if some of those names above ring a bell, then perhaps you should read on.
A Commonality Found In All MLM Leaders
This past weekend, I attended the inaugural Mile High MLM Mastermind event, pioneered by Adam Chandler and Jordan Schultz. These MLM leaders, alongside industry rockstars Diane Hochman and Rob Fore, put together a full day of learning and discussion for a very small group of network marketers.
Anybody who knows Jordan Schultz knows he doesn’t like to wear shoes.
Hippie or genius?
I’m going with genius, and here’s why…
Near the beginning of the weekend, these MLM leaders asked us to try and notice similarities and differences between them.
Obviously all of the MLM leaders had their own unique personality, they all dressed differently, and they each had something different to add to the weekend.
But this is something Diane made very apparent… Real MLM leaders know how to “set the stage” for being comfortable with their business routine.
1) Jordan takes off his shoes. It actually makes sense if you think about it. We all get minor discomforts in life, and even the smallest of these discomforts can have a direct negative effect on our business routine.
2) Diane takes her time to set up the stage before she speaks. She knows that the crowd is there to hear HER, so why should she be rushed into speaking if things are not physically set up as she desires?
3) Rob does magic tricks. Seriously… magic tricks. But what do magic tricks do? They get people’s minds in “thinking-mode”. They put a big smile on everyone’s face. What better way to set the tone of any discussion!
4) Adam… Well, I’m pretty sure Adam is just comfortable in any situation. I couldn’t pin down what he was doing. So BIG UPS to you Adam!
After a full day of observing these MLM leaders (err I should say MLM phenomenons), the main commonality I noticed is that they are all OK with awkward situations… or otherwise put… They are completely comfortable being uncomfortable. And furthermore, if a discomfort is felt (apparently wearing shoes for Jordan…) then action is taken to make the situation more desirable.
These MLM leaders had another obvious trait: They like to talk and (more importantly) to LISTEN.
In each of my initial conversations with these MLM leaders, it was obvious that they truly wanted to LISTEN to me. Before I even had a chance to ask them more about themselves, they already had the story of my life down!
I’ll be dripping more quality information that I learned from these MLM leaders over the next few days, but for this post the two themes are clear:
1) Learn to be comfortable being uncomfortable (or find ways to clear the discomfort).
2) Learn to LOVE talking to people. But more importantly, learn to listen.
To A Blessed Future,
CLICK HERE to find me on Facebook.
CLICK HERE to find me on Twitter.
CLICK HERE to find me on YouTube.
CLICK HERE to find me on Pinterest.
Incoming search terms:
- sanko shoes
- sankos shoes